American Correctional Nurses Association uses Nursing Network to connect with their members and followers.
Please log in or create an account to become a member of American Correctional Nurses Association.
Benefits of Membership
ACNA offers two types of memberships: Full ACNA Membership & Affiliate Membership:
Full ACNA Membership is available to the following:
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (LPNs/LVNs) who work in corrections or who have an interest in the correctional nursing specialty
- Registered Nurses (RNs) who work in corrections or who have an interest in the correctional nursing specialty
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who work in corrections or who have an interest in the correctional nursing specialty
- Inactive nurses who have an interest in the correctional nursing specialty
- Retired nurses who have an interest in the correctional nursing specialty
- Nursing students who wish to explore correctional nursing as a career
ACNA members may vote in elections, run for office, be chairpersons and members of ACNA committees, speak at meetings, and vote for changes to the By-Laws and procedures of the organization. Full ACNA membership is contingent upon the payment of dues annually.
Affiliate membership is available to those professional organizations (or individuals) that represent interests related or relevant to correctional nursing and that have been approved by the Board of Directors/Professional Liaison Committee. Your payment will not be processed until your application is approved. Your application will be reviewed within 24 – 48 hours.
Affiliate members may attend meetings, receive publications of the organization, speak on issues at meetings, and serve on committees. Affiliate members may not make motions, vote, serve as the chairperson of any committee, or serve as a member of the ACNA Board of Directors. Affiliate membership is contingent upon payment of dues annually.